Tirupur's trade associations urge help from government
Buyers are forcing apparel exporters to give heavy discounts, without any reason. They are even asking for credit time of 6 months which is not possible for us. All this is really disturbing for the industry
Overseas clothing buyers who sourcing from India delays in payment against the order for already shipped products and do not raise the orders further. It added to the worries of clothing producers, who are still struggling to control COVID-19 internationally and locally.
In addition to raising awareness as to how all members of all the trade bodies can be covered from the rapid spread of COVID-19, discussions were held on safety steps. The factories also track the health of all new hires.
All associations requested Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to take action and called for constructive measures. He asked the Minister to take immediate measures such as recommending the banks not to mark the units as NPAs for non-repayment of loans.
Raja M. Shanmugam, President of the Tirupur Exporters Association, stated:“Buyers are forcing apparel exporters to give heavy discounts, without any reason. They are even asking for credit time of 6 months which is not possible for us. All this is really disturbing for the industry.”
Commercial organizations have called for an additional work capital of 25 percent, based on drawing power, for both exports and domestic production, without any collateral or margin income.
Senior members of below-mentioned associations participated in this conference:
- Tiruppur Exporters’ Association (TEA)
- Tirupur Exporters and Manufacturer Association (TEAMA)
- Tirupur Industrial Federation (TIF)
- Tirupur Export Knit Printers Association (TEKPA)
- The South India Hosiery Manufacturers’ Association (SIHMA)
- Knit Cloth Manufactures’ Association (KNITcMA)
- Tirupur Export Knitwear Manufactures Association (TEKMA)
- Dyers’ Association of Tirupur (DAT)
- The South Indian Imported Machine Knitters Association (SIIMKA)
- Small Manufacturers Association
- Rotary Screen Printers Association (ROSPA) Laghu Udyog Bharati
- Tirupur Tholil Padukappu kulu (TTPK)
- Tirupur Power Table Owners’ Association (PTOA)
- Tirupur Export Knitwear Industrial Complex (TEKIC)
- Tirupur Elastic Manufacturers and Traders Association (TEMATA)
- Tirupur Computer Embroiderers Association
- The Knit Compactors Association
- Tirupur Raising Association
- New Thiruppur Hosiery Garments
- Dyes and Chemicals Merchant Association
- Tirupur Plastic Manufacturers Association (TIPMA)
- Tirupur Master Printers Association and Tirupur Kaja Urimyalargal Sangam.